Friday, August 26, 2011

So...what happened in the last 3 years?

let's see...i started this blog when i started my bachelorette lifestyle in Downtown, LA. endless nights of partying, going out, and enjoying my life has blurred my memory of my time spent in my beautiful apartment at The Orsini. but to sum it all up, i tried to salvage my 10 year relationship (and that didn't work), fell out of love, moved on, fell in love again, settled down, and now, i'm starting my own family.

i never thought i'd get here. i never thought it was even possible for me to get pregnant. my ex and i tried for several years but i guess it wasn't a part of God's plan. i always had a hard time letting go of my ex. no matter how hard the times got, i still fought for him, for us. and i suppose if i wasn't so stubborn, i would have relieved myself of guilt, hurt, and pain much sooner. and while i do miss my ex and the past, history just needs to stay behind. at first, it was hard and i was lonely quite often. i thought drowning myself in alcohol would numb me from the pain and help me forget but no. everything else came back full force after the hangovers subsided. obviously that didn't work but for some reason, i kept living that lifestyle because it was the only thing i knew. everything i knew was of him, from him, and about him. i mean, i spent 10 of my best years with him. i'm bound to pick up a thing of two. anyway, the moment i let go, God showed me a beautiful life. not that my life wasn't beautiful because it was. i have a supportive family, an amazing set of friends, and i lived my life the way i wanted to. but God showed me something else: a life void of misery and pain.

fast forward to 2011, i met someone who changed my life completely. again, being as stubborn as i was, i refused to let him in my life. i refused to let him get to know me and found a million reasons not to go out with him and like him. that was a futile attempt. Ted was nothing short of a charismatic, funny, witty, and genuinely good guy. he was physically not my type. he was short (only 2 inches taller than me), dark skinned, rough around the edges, wore trendy clothes, not clean cut, awkward, and was pure Filipino. i've always liked mixed races for some reason. anyway, while everything about him was physically off (for me anyway), everything else about him was amazing. yup. he was amazing. everyone that knows him never had a bad thing to say about him and always told me he was such a good guy. long story short, i stopped fighting myself and just gave in. the moment i did, i found happiness again. it's like the stuff you see in the movies, only better :)

so, a few months into my new relationship, we decided to move in together and relocate to Glendale. Glendale is SOOOO not the business. there's no good food spots here, no good bars, and it's far away from everything else. basically, there's nothing to do here besides go shopping and make babies. i don't like shopping so i opted for the latter. haha!

i found out i was pregnant february of this year and it's been such a long but short pregnancy. i know, it sounds confusing but i can't find the words to describe it right now. i'm already in my third trimester and seriously suffering from pregnant brains. i don't even know how the hell i'm still blogging about this right now. more details about my pregnancy later. for now, the mission is to find food and eat. this scorching hot weather isn't helping either. ok, be back later for some pregnancy discussions :)

No comments: