Tuesday, August 30, 2011

this fat kid loves cake!

now that i'm in my third trimester, i can't seem to stop craving sweet stuff. everyone tells me this is normal but how normal is it to wake up thinking about cake?! i feel like i'm obsessed about cake now like i was about coconuts when i was in my second trimester. and you know, i've never really liked cake before. the only thing i loved the most was ice cream. i used to have at least 10 different flavors of ice cream in my freezer. i couldn't go near the stuff during my first and second trimesters because it just didn't taste right to me. but now, i'll have a cone everyday :) but still....i want some cake. maybe some cake with ice cream? not an ice cream cake. just cake. LOL

i wonder if dylan's gonna like everything i've eaten my entire pregnancy. i've read books and online articles  that tells you "eat veggies so your baby will be prone to eating it when he/she comes out of the womb" but i don't know if i necessarily believe in that. my mother told me that she didn't have any pregnancy cravings but my dad did. she told me he'd leave at 3 in the morning to get fermented duck eggs or sour mangoes and whatever else he craved. it's funny cause now that i think about it, my bf has gained some serious sympathy weight. he actually gained more weight than i did! LOL. so it leads me to believe that maybe babies aren't really prone to like what you crave when you're pregnant. maybe if the parents forced the kid not to be a picky eater, then he'll pretty much eat whatever you give him. i'll have to test this theory as dylan gets older :)

but for now, off to go hunting for some nice, sweet, delicious cake!

No comments: