Wednesday, September 07, 2011

fender bender

i just got off the phone with my mom and it turns out, someone rear-ended her this morning while she was stuck in traffic on the freeway. i immediately panicked and asked her if she was okay and she said she was fine. i asked her if she got the person's insurance and she said that the lady who hit her didn't have any insurance. my mom didn't suffer from any damages nor did her car. the lady's car, however, was all sorts of banged up. i don't know how that happened but my mom said that the lady's front hood busted open. in any case, my mom said that she didn't bother getting the lady's information because she was in a hurry to go to work, nothing happened to her, and nothing happened to her. sighs. oh, mom.

i remembered last year, after the new year, how some dumb 19 year old hit me because she was too busy texting and driving. i was furious because it happened only a couple of blocks away from my pad in downtown. but the girl told me that she's working and going to school and that this was her second accident and that her parents would kill her if her insurance got any higher. since the damage was small, i didn't bother taking her to court or calling her insurance. i still have the dent on the front left side of my car but it doesn't really matter since i wasn't hurt and i decided to give the girl a break.

maybe i am exactly like my mom in this way. this is how she creates good karma for herself. she doesn't care to nit pick at little things. my mom is such an amazing person and everyone who knows her loves her. i can only hope to be half the woman my mother is. and i definitely wish i can be half as good as a mother my mom was to me like i'm going to be to dylan in the future. my mom is my bestfriend and there is nothing i wouldn't do for her. simply put, my mom is the shit!

No comments: